Tips that we’ve learned from agents who have used our
program with great success over the last 10 years:
1. Promote yourself on both sides of the card. Pick 9 or 10 ads and use 2 or 3 spaces for your
photo, name, or slogan. People read the back of these cards much more than the front.
2. Get 50% of your cards out a quickly as possible so they are circulating in the community.
Don’t hoard them in your desk.
3. Give 2 or more cards out to your entire sphere of influence each year. Include all personal
friends, past teachers, emploers, work associates, etc…and ask them to give one to a friend.
They will do it.
4. Use the Valued Customer Card with your regular business card, not instead of it; this is a
promotional card. People like to write notes on your paper business card, but they will keep
your Valued Customer Card in their wallets.
5. You must mention “repeat use discounts” when you give out the card or have it mentioned
in your personal promotional copy on the back of the card.
6. Pass your card out upside-down so people realize immediately that it’s a gift and not just a
high quality card. They will turn it over within a minute, realize you’re a professional, and
appreciate your low-key approach.
7. Track you promotional programs. When you list or sell a home, ask the customer you’re
dealing with if they have received one of your Valued Customer Cards and if they’ve used it.
When people that you do not know call you to do business, always ask how they got your
name & number.
Follow these tips and the Valued Customer Card program will increase your business. Taking
the time to track it is the only way you’ll know by how much!